GOOGLE: PRIMER App
My team at Google began in 2014 with one audacious mission: Change the way the world learns and make education accessible to all. To achieve this, we created Primer, a free mobile app that delivers bite-sized business and marketing lessons that anyone can take whenever and wherever they have 5 minutes free. As the Group Content and Creative Lead, I:
- Define and own the distinctive Primer voice and personality, brand positioning, and content strategy.
- Manage Primer's content team, which includes a content strategist and producer, junior and senior writers, and illustrators.
- Provide creative direction for writers and designers.
- Explore different lesson structures and methods to find the best way to teach people complicated subjects easily and quickly.
- Have written 75+ lessons and overseen the creation and launch of 150+ lessons (and counting).
- Concept in-lesson interactions with developers and designers.
- Work with designers to produce advertising and website concepts.
- Write articles and blog posts as part of Primer's content marketing strategy.
- Assume an editorial role for all articles, press releases, and online posts released by the Primer team.
- Lead international content expansion. Launches include India, Indonesia, Brazil, and Spanish Latin America.
Humorous, jargon-free copy breaks down complex topics in an understandable and relatable way. Here, we explain A/B testing with a fun case study and a friendly, straightforward tone of voice:
Fun, engaging interactions help people learn by doing. This exercise introduces the concept of co-branding by having people tap into knowledge they already have:
And the end of every lesson has personalized next steps and a useful takeaway. In this lesson, people walk away with a personalized search ad or display ad: