GOOGLE: PRIMER App
I collaborated with a small Google team to develop and brand Primer, a free mobile app that delivers bite-sized marketing lessons that you can do whenever and wherever you have 5 minutes free. As the Content and Creative Lead, I:
- Defined and owned the distinctive Primer voice and personality.
- Came up with the brand positioning and content strategy for Primer.
- Provided creative direction for freelance writers and designers.
- Explored different lesson structures and methods to find the best way to teach people complicated subjects easily and quickly.
- Helped create an MVP and then tested it with startup incubators in the US and UK.
- Wrote 60+ lessons (and counting).
- Concepted in-lesson interactions with developers and designers.
- Worked with designers to create advertising and website concepts.
- Wrote articles and blog posts as part of Primer's content marketing strategy.
- Assumed an editorial role for all articles, press releases, and online posts released by the Primer team.
People navigate through Primer using simple card swipes.
Humorous, jargon-free copy breaks down complex topics in an understandable and relatable way. Here, we explain A/B testing with a fun case study and a friendly, straightforward tone of voice:
Fun, engaging interactions help people learn by doing. This exercise introduces the concept of co-branding by having people tap into knowledge they already have:
And the end of every lesson has personalized next steps and a useful takeaway. In this lesson, people walk away with a personalized search ad or display ad:
To promote Primer, we used my brand positioning and strategy to create a website, posters, online ads, and more.